The holidays are here and if you are scrambling to pull together ideas for what to share for your holiday blog and social media posts, we’ve got you covered with these holiday content ideas. Consider us your Secret Santa of content! Use these ideas on your blog, your social media, in your emails to your list- anywhere that you want to connect and engage your audience, increase your following and sales this holiday season!
Here are our top 20 content ideas for holiday blog and social media content.
- Create gift guides for your readers. You can post a few different gift guides on your blog and also share items from each week you post them on our social media accounts. Create a guest list for moms and dads, girlfriends, kids, co-workers, sisters, brothers, all that are under the umbrella of your blog niche.
- Post 12 days of something that is on-brand for you. You can do this with any niche. Create your own hashtag to accompany your posts when you share and encourage your readers and followers to share their 12 days posts with you and the community via the hashtag.
- Run a holiday contest. An on-brand contest is a great way to offer readers a way to sample your product or services for free when you offer them as prizes for contest winners. Be sure to add in like, follow, and share incentives for your readers in the form of an extra contest entry or another reward.
- An extensive list of how to celebrate over the holidays. Create a list of 50+ ways that your readers can celebrate Christmas and New Year. Make the list a nice mix of traditional, creative, and trendy ways to spend time celebrating this holiday season.
- Host a photo challenge for the 12 days of Christmas or the week after Christmas into the New Year. Choose a topic for a photo contest that is in your niche and host a contest that lets readers share their best pics based on the list of topics you share. Again, don’t forget to create a hashtag for your challenge.
- Focus on goal setting. Do an email series, a blog series, a series of social media posts, or a combination of all three that focus on how to help your readers set goals for the new year.
- Create an Ebook especially fo the holiday season. An on-brand Ebook will be a great way to give your readers all of their favorite things they love about your blog in one place. You can also combine this with one of the challenge posts and have your Ebook be the giveaway fo winners.
- Create a playlist for your readers and followers that you can share with them.
- Favorite holiday movies list. You might share why each movie is special t you. You could share this as a long-form post or share one movie a week, say on Friday, up until Christmas. Start a conversation around your posts- people love to talk about movies.
- Share how-to posts in your niche. Share your expertise in your niche with your readers by sharing a specialty how- to in whatever your niche is. Your readers will love your special spin on what you share, after all, they read your blog because they want to hear more about how you do what you do!
- Create a bunch of holiday-themed memes. Everyone loves a good meme. Your followers will love sharing these with their friends- bonus: more exposure for you.
- Host a make a wish event. Followers can post your products and services that they wish for, with a hashtag of your choosing, and be entered to win their wish at the end of the contest.
- Tips and hacks for preparing for the holidays. No matter what your niche is- food, fashion, makeup, home decor, organization – you have some tricks up your sleeve that your readers will love to get read. Share your best holiday prep tips and hacks. Your readers- and your traffic-will thank you.
- Do a “best-of” post that is on-brand for you. Look through your year and create a fun list of the most innovative, fun, heart-warming, or important things that happened in your niche this year.
- Do a time capsule post. On your blog, on social media, or on both, create a time capsule of the best things of the year. Turn it into a community event by asking your readers what they would put in a time capsule and have them use a designated hashtag to share.
- Share what you are looking forward to in the new year and ask your readers what they can’t wait for. Everyone wants to share what they are excited about.
- Sales and discounts. Everybody loves a good deal. Share sales with your followers. Are you closing out last year’s products or services? Let your readers know and give them an extra incentive if they share.
- Do a share for share style contest where readers can highlight each other’s products or services over the holidays. This is a great way to show off your own products while building community among your readers.
- Share a Favorite Holiday memory. Readers love personal posts and learning more about you behind the scenes. Share something that is special to you about the holidays and ask your readers to share as well.
- Share a DIY post. These posts are super popular around the holidays. Do some keyword searching for things that are popular to DIY in your niche for the holidays and share it with your readers.
Grow Your Business This Holliday Season With Great Content
The holidays are a peak time for bloggers and businesses. Try out some of these content ideas and your readers will be more engaged with you and your content during this time. Remember that people online are flooded with ads during this time of year. Mixing in some personal posts and some interesting and fun content for your readers will be very welcomed and well-received by all. Check out our 50 Holiday blog post ideas in our free resource library for even more content you can share. Get access for free right here.
As we enter the full-on chaos of the holiday season, be sure to do yourself a favor and chose a day or two to schedule out all of your content for December well in advance so you are not scrambling a the last minute. By scheduling your posts ahead of time you will be able to relax and spend more time with friends and family, and your posts will be more intentional and focused on your business goals and less rushed and all over the place.
Need A Hand With Content or Strategy?
What are your biggest challenges with your business as we enter the holiday season? Drop a comment below and I will get you started with some useful tips or tools! You can also check out our list of essential tools for bloggers and entrepreneurs.
Know someone who would love this post? Please share! and don’t forget to pin this post for reference when you are scheduling that content!